|Competition No.:||2019096||Hours Per Week:||4 hrs/day; 5 days a week|
|Location:||C.J. SCHURTER||Instructions:||APPLY ONLINE WITH ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS|
|Duration:||REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SY|
High Prairie School Division
Invites applications for:
C.J. Schurter Elementary School is located in the town of Slave Lake in northern Alberta, in the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River. It is located 257 km north of Edmonton on the southeast shore of Lesser Slave Lake at the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 88.
C.J. Schurter Elementary School maintains a strong literacy focus and utilizes a balanced approach in instruction. Staff members focus on enhancing literacy and math instructional practice to address the literacy and numeracy goals of the school.
We believe that "Kindness Counts", and are very proud that our programming centers around supporting the development of behaviours and mindsets which have positive effects on self-confidence, problem-solving abilities, communication skills, and helps develop a positive school culture and atmosphere.
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Three professional references
- All candidates selected for an interview must produce an ORIGINAL, acceptable, recent (less than six months old) Criminal Record Check at time of the interview
- Criminal Record Check must include CPIC, Vulnerable Sector and Local Indices Search
The following would be assets to your application:
Early Childhood Training and/or Teacher Assistant Certificate
First Aid Training
Previous experience working with students with special needs and behavioral difficulties
Previous experience working with speech/language programs
Excellent communication skills
Primary Function: Assist teachers in the implementation of educational and therapy programs that address physical, mental, behavioural, health and safety needs of students.
- Implement Individual Program Plans under the supervision and direction of the teacher;
- Assist the teacher in providing data for student evaluation;
- Alert teacher to any special circumstances regarding the student;
- Assist with large, small groups or individual students;
- Comply with and assist in teacher's methods of maintaining classroom discipline;
- Assist with field trips;
- Adapt classroom activities to the capabilities of the student. Encourage the student to function as a member of the group by involving other students in activities and encouraging independence and self-help skills;
- Monitor the student in class and on the playground to prevent physical danger and reinforce social and learning behaviours. Participate in travel, training and off-campus activities;
- Accompany the student to and from the bus, taxi, etc. Escort student on bus, taxi, etc.;
- Conduct prescribed therapeutic and exercise programs for physically exceptional students;
- Attend to personal needs of handicapped students in the program, e.g. feeding, toileting, general physical care to maintain comfort. Secure students in walkers or other equipment, move or position students, etc.;
- Participate in all facets of the program designed to develop the language, independence, mobility and self-help skills of severely handicapped students, under the direction of the teacher or multi-disciplinary teams;
- Assist in maintaining individual student's progress records for review and program planning. Provide observations on progress, behaviours as required and work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team as required;
- Prepare instructional material under the teacher's direction;
- Prepare and set out lesson supplies and equipment;
- Clean and store materials and equipment after use;
- Display student's work and prepare bulletin board displays;
- Mark objective lists and routine exercises;
- Continues to improve expertise and job-related skills; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the teacher/Principal.
Upon joining us, you will find a skilled team that is positive and supportive. Our employees enjoy the fun, children-focused environment, and you’ll appreciate being encouraged to reach for your full potential!
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please contact:
Linnea Jones, Principal at C.J. Schurter Elementary School, email@example.com
Brennan McDonald, Supervisor of Inclusion, firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Certificates :
- Criminal Record Check
- First Aid Certificate
- Teacher Assistant
- First Aid
- Teacher Assistant