|Competition No.:||2019092||Hours Per Week:|
|Close Date:||n/a||Remuneration:||$59,871 - $101,100|
|Location:||E.W. PRATT||Instructions:||APPLY ONLINE WITH ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS|
|Duration:||REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SY|
High Prairie School Division
Invites applications for:
SR High Teacher
E. W. Pratt High School requires a full-time (1.0 FTE) Senior High School Science (Science 10, Chemistry 20 and 30), Math 10C and 20-1, and French Teacher, for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. The successful candidate will be offered a Probationary Contract.
E. W. Pratt High School is located in the town of High Prairie in northern Alberta within Big Lakes County. It is located at the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 749, approximately 371 kilometres northwest of Edmonton and 118 kilometres west of Slave Lake.
Our students are offered an academic program with an extensive list of options as well as a wide variety of activities to become involved in. Our students represent eight different communities in the surrounding region and our staff continues to pride itself in building our students into a single cohesive community. Our student population of approximately 240 students have access to a wide variety of amenities in the community including an indoor pool, curling rink, and skating rink.
High Prairie School Division provides many supports for their employees. We employ a full-time mentor coach who supports all new teachers to the Division with an Orientation program and on-site mentoring. Professional Development opportunities are supported in many forms and all employees have many supports that allow them to grow and improve in their professional practice.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
Please apply on this site with the following documentation:
- Cover letter & Resume including 3 professional references
- Copy of acceptable, recent (less than 6 months old) Police Information Check which includes CPIC, Vulnerable Sector and Local Indices Search (the successful candidate must provide the original copy upon accepting position)
- Alberta Teaching Certificate or proof of application from Alberta Education
- TQS or proof of application from the Alberta Teachers’ Association
Posting will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
We appreciate all applications, but only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Required Certificates :
- Criminal Record Check
- Eligible/Have AB Teach Cert.
- Eligible for/have Bach of Ed
- Grades 10-12
- French as a Second Language
- see job description