|Competition No.:||2019091||Hours Per Week:|
|Close Date:||n/a||Remuneration:||$59,871 - $101,100|
|Location:||ROLAND MICHENER||Instructions:||APPLY ONLINE WITH ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS|
|Duration:||REMAINDER OF THE 2019-2020 SY|
Roland Michener Secondary School requires a Full-time Senior High English, Social Studies teacher, with the ability to also teach Junior High Options (CTF preferable) for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. The successful candidate will be given a Temporary Contract.
Roland Michener Secondary School - is located in the Town of Slave Lake in northern Alberta, in the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River. It is located 257 km north of Edmonton on the southeast shore of Lesser Slave Lake at the junction of Highway 2 and Highway 88.
Roland Michener Secondary School offers full academic and special education programs in an effort to foster hope and to inspire success among our 550 students in Grades 7 to 12. A wide range of CTS options are also available for students to take, including Art, Drama and Instrumental Music.
High Prairie School Division provides many supports for their employees. We employ a full time mentor coach who supports all new teachers to the Division with an Orientation program and on-site mentoring. The Professional Development opportunities are supported in many forms and all employees have many supports that allow them to grow and improve in their professional practice.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
Please apply on this site with the following documentation:
- Cover letter & Resume including 3 professional references
- Copy of acceptable, recent (less than 6 months old) RCMP Police Information Check which includes CPIC, Vulnerable Sector and Local Indices Search (the successful candidate must provide the original copy upon accepting position)
- Alberta Teaching Certificate or proof of application from Alberta Education
- TQS or proof of application from the Alberta Teachers’ Association
Position will remain open until successful candidate is found.
We appreciate all applications, but only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please contact:
Required Certificates :
- Police Information Check
- Eligible/Have AB Teach Cert.
- Eligible for/have Bach of Ed
- Grades 10-12
- Social Studies
- see job description