|Competition No.:||2019060||Hours Per Week:|
|Close Date:||n/a||Remuneration:||$74,380 - $101,100|
High Prairie School Division, on behalf of Northern Lakes Collaborative Services RCSD, is seeking 3 Occupational Therapists, 1 position in Slave Lake, AB and 2 positions in High Prairie, AB, who will be employed by High Prairie School Division No. 48.
*Provisional OT's encouraged to apply. We will supply the required supervision and mentorship.*
This is a unique opportunity of which you will provide a continuum of supports at the universal, targeted and individualized level and will support the capacity of staff to respond to student needs.
Highly competitive salary, plus full benefits including 100% medical coverage, professional developmental assistance, Local Authorities Pension Plan and MORE.
You will work within Alberta Northern Lakes Regional Collaborative Service boundaries (From Falher, AB to Slave Lake, AB, and surrounding communities) Reliable transportation and travel is required.
OT’s work 7 hours per day following the school calendar, commencing August 27, 2019.
To qualify, you must be a registered member of the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT) and have a Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy. You also have:
- Eligibility for registration with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Experience within a pediatric and/or school-based setting
- Experience with sensory integration
- AADL authorization
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team would be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required
- The capacity to travel
Provides consultation, in-services, and coordination of occupational therapy for HPSD schools:
- providing assessments of children/students in accordance with established referral criteria
- determine appropriate treatment based on child/student needs
- developing/scheduling treatment plans
- initiating the treatment program, providing direction/supervision of teacher assistants
- monitoring student progress
Provides professional advice and communicates with team members:
- providing advice and instruction to staff, parents, students
- communicating with other health care disciplines, families and community agencies as required
- teaching and modeling appropriate occupational therapy techniques
Performs documentation as required:
- charting student progress
- participating in the development of students' support plans (ISPS/IPPS)
- completing rehabilitation program documentation as required
- documenting services offered to schools - maintaining reports consisting of the total number of students served, description of services offered and any specific recommendations for improvements
- maintaining students’ files in accordance with professional standards and High Prairie School Division No.48 practice
Performs other related duties as assigned, such as:
- participating in the planning and maintenance of equipment for the program
- maintaining orderly work/supply area
- recommending equipment and supplies to be purchased for the program
- participating in student/family conferences; parent interviews as required
All candidates selected for an interview must produce an original, acceptable, recent (less than six months old) Police Information Check, including CPIC, Vulnerable Sector, and Local Indices Search, at the time of the interview.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary range of $74,380 - $101,100 depending on experience. You get paid an annual salary, yet, follow the school calendar, which means summer off!
Upon joining us, you will find a skilled team that is positive and supportive. Our employees enjoy the fun, children-focused environment, and you’ll appreciate being encouraged to reach for your full potential!
Required Certificates :
- Police Information Check
- Driver's License
- AB Assc Reg Occup Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Deg./Dip.