|Competition No.:||2019051||Hours Per Week:|
|Location:||CENTRAL OFFICE||Instructions:||APPLY ON THIS SITE|
Northern Lakes Collaborative Services RCSD
Invites Applications for
High Prairie School Division, on behalf of Northern Lakes Collaborative Services RCSD is seeking full-time Speech-Language Pathologists to serve students in various schools within the region (Falher – Slave Lake and surrounding communities).
The successful candidates will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a continuum of supports to school-age children at the universal, targeted and individualized level and will support the capacity of staff and parents to respond to student needs.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Eligibility for membership in ACSLPA and/or Speech Language Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Primary Function: The role of the Speech-Language Pathologist is to provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic speech and language services to children within the High Prairie School Division 48 and the Northern Lakes Regional Collaborative Service Delivery, Region 4 Partnership.
- Provide appropriate diagnosis of all referred and identified children within the HPSD 48 and the schools designated within Northern Lakes RCSD Region #4.
- Provide treatment (individual or group) and/or treatment programs when indicated.
- Provide training and supervision for all school staff (educational assistants) who will be working with students with communication impairments in schools, daycare centers, or the student’s homes.
- Orient, train and supervise all Speech-Language Assistants assigned under the guidelines set forth by CASLPA (Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology) and ACSLPA (Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology).
- Maintain all speech-language programs distributed within the HPSD 48 and Northern Lakes RCSD Region #4, so they meet the needs of the students for whom they were formulated.
- Maintain all records related to Speech-Language Pathology Services in the prescribed professional manner.
- Represent the Northern Lakes RCSD Region #4 and HPSD 48 at appropriate meetings.
- With the assistance of Special Education Personnel and/or Speech-Language Assistants, provide screenings of all Kindergarten/ECS children who are registered in the HPSD 48/ Northern Lakes RCSD Region #4, after appropriate consents have been obtained.
- Participate as an active member of the Interdisciplinary Team for family meetings, IPP formulation and meetings, and appropriate community partners.
- Provide assistance and/or training to teachers and educational assistants when appropriate.
This position will commence August 27, 2019 and will follow the school calendar. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications (max. $101,100). Generous benefit package available. Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
Please apply on this site with the following documentation:
- Cover letter & Resume including 3 professional references
- Copy of acceptable, recent (less than 6 months old) RCMP Criminal Record Check which included CPIC, Vulnerable Sector and Local Indices Search (The successful candidate must provide the original copy upon accepting position)
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Required Certificates :
- Police Information Check
- Driver's License
- Speech language pathology
- Master's Degree