|Competition No.:||2019050||Hours Per Week:|
|Location:||CENTRAL OFFICE||Instructions:||APPLY ON THIS SITE WITH REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION|
High Prairie School Division
Invites Applications for
High Prairie School Division is seeking a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist to join our multi-disciplinary team to provide support to children, primarily ages 2.6 to 6 years of age, who are supported with Program Unit Funding. The Speech-Language Pathologist will visit schools within the division to observe, assess and make recommendations to teachers, assistants and parents.
The position also involves supporting literacy development K – 12.
· Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
· Registration with ACSLPA
· Previous experience working with children is an asset
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
· Assessment of children’s speech, language and social communication skills
· Report writing
· Contribute to the development and ongoing review of IPP goals and objectives for each child who receives Program Unit Funding
· Consult with parents, education staff, behavioral consultants and occupational therapist to implement effective strategies and therapeutic interventions
· Champion the success of all children by promoting universal supports
· Provide in-servicing and professional development to staff
This position will commence August 27, 2019 and will follow the school calendar.
Salary depends on qualifications and experience. Generous benefit package is available.
Please apply on this site with the following documentation:
• Cover letter & Resume including 3 professional references
• Copy of acceptable, recent (less than 6 months old) RCMP Police Information Check which included CPIC, Vulnerable Sector and Local Indices Search (The successful candidate must provide the original copy upon accepting position)
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Required Certificates :
- Police Information Check
- Driver's License
- Speech language pathology